David Drake earned his living performing close-up magic for over 25 years. In this book, he has released 20 of his most commercial and entertaining routines — off-beat, original and innovative tricks.
The tricks are all within the abilities of the average close-up magician, and the clear instructions — David was a professional writer — and illustrations make them easy to learn. Here you will find gems such as:
- The Pill Trick: Eight pills instantly vanish from the performer’s hands
- The Steel Balls: 3 small ball bearings to 2 medium ones to one big one
- Pengali: a blue Bic pen becomes red–cap, plug and ink
- Frog Cut: secretly reverse cards while cutting the deck
- Dreamwave Deck: “Brainwave” plus card to wallet
- Cross-Pollination: clever, off-beat, multiple divination
- The Singing Card Trick and I Can’t Spell: two highly entertaining tricks that prove you can neither sing nor spell, but can find selected cards anyway!
- Spellbound Surprise: a totally off-beat ending to a classic
- Penny Ring: a big coin shrinks to pass through a ring and instantly snaps back to its original size
- Three-Sided Coin: exactly that; a coin is shown to have 3 sides
- Key/Ball Balance: a skeleton key refuses to obey the laws of gravity
- Loupe Da Loop: lovely linking finger ring routine
- Four Ring Assembly: “Matrix” with small rings and a smash ending
and a few more, with cards, coins, keys, balls, nuts and bolts, string, etc.