Skill level: No sleight-of-hand required
Conditions: Can be done surrounded, on table or floor
Audience: Close-up, parlour
Reset: while cleaning up
Produced by I Saw That!
|All other countries:||C$ 17.50|
A selected card disappears from the deck and reappears inside a bottle that has been on the table throughout. No palming, no rough-and-smooth, no adhesives, etc.
Full description: A card is selected and replaced. The spectator shuffles the deck and cuts it into several piles. A bottle is shown and the spectator spins it, eliminating cards until there’s only one left. Since all the cards were clearly shown, the remaining card must be the selected one. But it’s not. Instead, the selected card is found inside the bottle. The bottle is then handed out.
Spin the Bottle comes with a custom-made gaff and what may well be the very best instructions the magic world has ever seen (really!). The booklet contains:
- step-by-step, illustrated instructions
- how to set up and introduce the trick
- notes on working conditions
- resetting for the next performance
- performance tips and ideas
- 3 fully-scripted presentations: “Spot”, humorous; “Trying too hard”, mentalism by James Biss; and “Mary”, a Bizarre-type story presentation
- additional trick and presentation ideas, including two versions without a bottle
- and a brief history of the effect.
Includes 16-page printed booklet and custom-made gaff. Use your own Poker-size Bicycle deck and bottle.
Robert K. Miller, The Linking Ring, March 1999: "The instructions are outstanding... Highest recommendation..."
Mike Close, Magic, Dec. 1998: "Ariel provides excellent instructions, and offers several handling and presentational variations. The trick requires little technical ability and produces a strong effect."